M4 Sherman - Allied Medium Tank
About the M4 Sherman:
Perhaps the best known Allied tank during World War II, the M4 Sherman was designed to replace the M3 Lee. Named for the eccentric William T. Sherman, Union general during the American Civil War, the Sherman medium tank was mass produced to help offset better armed German tanks such as the Tiger. The American war machine produced over 50,000 Sherman tanks. Although slightly underpowered, their overwhelming numbers were too much for Axis armor to handle.
The Sherman model was used for several dozen different variants. Among these variants, several were specialized for mine clearance, rocket battery, or as a self-propelled howitzer. The standard M4 Sherman was equipped with a Continental R975 gasoline-powered engine and could achieve a top speed of twenty-four miles per hour. Armed with three machine guns and a 75mm cannon, the Sherman could handle all but the heaviest German tanks.
Additional information about this Brickmania building kit:
We have updated our popular Sherman kit to take full advantage of the new double-wide Brickmania Track Links™. While this kit does not have all the detail of our premium level kits, it does have the most important ones covered. This is designed to be an intermediate level kit, designed to help transition the builder into Brickmania's more advanced level kits. It is also the perfect kit for those looking to add their own custom details.
Features of this model:
- Fully articulated double-wide Brickmania Track Links™ tank treads
- Custom printed tank commander minifigure + two US star insignia tiles
- BrickArms M2HB machine gun secondary armament
- Turret fully rotates and main gun can be raised and lowered
- Opening hatches for drivers and tank commander
- Upper hull easily separates from lower hull for access to the interior (not detailed)
- 1/35 scale matches other Brickmania models
- The over-all color scheme of this model is dark gray
- Includes 535 genuine elements
All Brickmania building kits are limited production and may be discontinued at any time.