About the MiG-21PF “Fishbed-D” - Supersonic Jet Fighter:
The MiG-21 Soviet jet fighter performed in such an effective and deadly manner during the early part of the Vietnam War that the U.S. Navy was compelled to establish the Navy Fighters Weapons School or “Top Gun” at Naval Air Station Miramar in San Diego, CA. The MiG-21PF variant featured better radar and improved range over its predecessor, and it carried air-to-air missiles instead of guns and was far more agile than its main American opponent, the F-4 Phantom.
- Maximum speed: 2,177 km/h (1,300 mph)
- Armament: 2x K-5 "Alkali" radar-guided or K-13 "Atoll" heat-seeking missiles
- Range: 1,400 km (870 mi)
- Ceiling: 18,989 m (62,000 ft.)
Additional information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
Expertly designed to capture the unique front and overall shape of the MiG-21, this model includes the standard Brickmania model features such as retractable landing gear, a detailed cockpit and posable flight stabilizers. Also featured are a pair of air-to-air missiles and brick-built avionics on the front and top of the model.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 534 elements
- Custom MiG Pilot minifig
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Full-color printed building instructions
- Additional printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Intermediate Skill Level (4-6 year building experience recommended)