About the F-16 Fighting Falcon - Supersonic Multirole Fighter:
The winner of a NATO fighter design competition in the early 1970s, the F-16 Fighting Falcon was the most impressive dogfighter of its time. Flown by air forces around the world, the F-16 was developed by General Dynamics and was selected in 1975 as the primary aircraft for the United States Air Force. It only took six months for Norway, Belgium, the Netherlands, and Denmark to request the F-16 to replace their aging F-104s.
The F-16 can be equipped with a variety of weapons on each of its nine hardpoints. Standard weaponry includes the Raytheon AMRAAM, Raytheon Sparrow, and the Lockheed AIM-9X Sidewinder. For longer missions, the F-16 can also be outfitted with two external fuel tanks.
- Max. Speed: Mach 2.05
- Crew: 1
- Engine: Pratt & Whitney F100-200 afterburning turbofan
- Armament: 20mm M61A gun, 20,450 lbs of bombs/missiles
- Empty Weight: 16,234 lbs
- Wingspan with Missiles: 32ft. 10in.
Additional Information about this Brickmania® custom building kit:
The F-16 Fighting Falcon features posable flaps and elevators, a detailed cockpit and pilot, retractable landing gear, sticker sheet, and custom printed 20mm cannon slope. Newly included is a full combat load out including two Sidewinders, two Sparrows, and two AMRAAM missiles, plus two external drop tanks for extra fuel on long flights.
- Designed by Cody Osell
- 969 elements
- Custom F-16 pilot minifigure
- High-quality sticker sheet
- Full-color printed building instructions
- Additional printed elements
- 1/35th scale to match other Brickmania kits
- Advanced Skill Level (6-8 years building experience recommended)
LOCKHEED MARTIN®, F-16 Fighting Falcon®, associated emblems and logos, and body designs of vehicles are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lockheed Martin Corporation in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by Brickmania, LLC.